Civil Engineering department is established in the year 2010. It offers an under graduate course in Civil Engineering with an intake of 60 students every year. Our main goal is to be the centre of excellence for the development and dissemination of knowledge in Structural, Construction management, Water Resources and management, Transportation, Environmental, Urban, Geotechnical, Remote sensing & GIS and its applications. The Department has good infrastructure, and it is well equipped with state- of- the art laboratory facilities necessary for imparting high quality education and is structured to meet out the present day needs of the Civil Engineering field. Students from our department have always proved to be meritorious. The department has well experienced and qualified faculty members who are regularly presenting papers in journals and conferences.
Vision of the Department
- Department is dedicated to provide a dynamic learning environment and to develop highly competent civil engineering professionals by fostering creative, diversify, multi-disciplinary intellectual growth, set of valid and operational competencies through the groundbreaking contributions to the humanity, society and nation.
Mission of the Department
The graduate of Civil Engineering will have,
- M1: To promote quality education and produce competent professionals to provide solutions to the challenges in the field of civil engineering
- M2: To impart leadership qualities with social consciousness among the students to acquire technical expertise and ethical behavior.
- M3: To empower the students with necessary skills and values needed for their comprehensive acceptance at global level through industry interaction.
- M4: To establish centre of excellence in core areas of research and provide vibrant ambience to facilitate research.
- M5: To groom the students with intellectual capability and enhance their eployable potential and entrepreneurial capabilities.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOS)
- PEO1: Strong engineering fundamentals to analyze, formulate and solve engineering problems leading to excellent performance in professional career that meet the societal needs (Preparation).
- PEO2: Theoretical and practical training to create & synthesize data using relevant tools and concepts and provide sustainable solutions to civil engineering problems and projects (Core competency).
- PEO3: Work with all related fields of engineering enlarge the ability to understand different industrial environments (Breadth).
- PEO4: Technical knowledge and ethical values of professional development to solve complex problems and to work in multi disciplinary ambience (Professionalism).
- PEO5: Habit of lifelong learning for career development in the areas of civil engineering including environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation and water resources (Learning environment).
Program Outcomes (POS):
The program outcomes of Civil Engineering Program are summarised as following
- PO1: Students will demonstrate the basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- PO2: Students will demonstrate ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret & analyse data and report results.
- PO3: An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of Civil Engineering of varying complexity.
- PO4: Students will demonstrate an ability to design a system, component, or a process that meets desired specifications within realistic constraints.
- PO5: Students will demonstrate an ability to function in multidisciplinary team.
- PO6: Students will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve civil engineering problems.
- PO7: Students will demonstrate the understanding of their professional responsibilities ethically.
- PO8: Students will be able to communicate effectively to all concerned.
- PO9: Students will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and social context.
- PO10: Students will recognize the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- PO11: Students will have broad education for understanding the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- PO12: Students will possess an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO1: Graduate of this programme will plan, estimate, Manage workers and work in team
- PSO2: Graduate will utilize the knowledge of core and software skill for design, analysis and project management.