About the department
Department of computer science and engineering (CSE) is established in the year 2010 to meet the requirements of the emerging IT industries. The department has well equipped computing laboratories, a rich repository of software covering, and a wide spectrum of applications. It is equipped with well qualified and experienced faculty members who aim at delivering top class education to improve and enhance the knowledge of the student’s community. The department has a strong commitment for developing competent programmers, both class room sessions and hands on sessions, given to students. It has good laboratory facilities with latest and updated versions of the software. The department conducts periodic workshops, seminars, and symposium to help students and the research communities/industries to unite in a common place and thereby strengthen the industry institute on fusion.
The department of computer science and engineering envision to generate the reputable graduates as recognized innovative leaders by expanding its depth and breadth in the teaching, learning and study of applied computing through inculcate knowledge, expertise, moral values and societal concerns.
- M1: To impart quality education and mould technically competent computer professionals.
- M2: To inculcate leadership skills with ethical behavior and social consciousness within the students.
- M3: To enhance industry institute interaction to build a strong technical expertise among the students.
- M4: To uplift innovative research to solve societal, health and environmental issues.
- M5: To nurture employability and entrepreneurial skill through training and continual education.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
The graduate of Computer Science and Engineering will have,
- PEO1: Ability to analyze and to get solution in the field of computer science engineering through application of fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering (Preparation).
- PEO2: Innovative ideas, methods and techniques thereby rendering expertise to the industrial and societal needs in an effective manner and will be a competent computer/software engineer (Core Competency).
- PEO3: Good and broad knowledge with interpersonal skills and ethical principles so as to comprehend, analyze, design and create novel products and solutions for real-time applications (Breadth).
- PEO4: Professional and ethical responsibility, develop leadership and develop effective communication and teamwork skill to excel in career (Professionalism)
- PEO5: Strive to learn continuously and carry out and research to update the knowledge in selected fields of computer science & engineering and contribute to the growth of those fields and society at large (Learning environment).
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering Knowledge– To apply the fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science and computer science theory and principles to identify, formulate and solve the problems in the field of computer science and engineering.
- PO2: Problem Analysis– To understand, analyze and solve the engineering problems using the concepts of computer science, mathematics and engineering science.
- PO3: Design/Development of solutions– To design a solution for different computer engineering problems to meet public health and safety, societal and environmental issues.
- PO4: Investigation –To analyze, interpret data and synthesis of information for complex problems related to computer science discipline using multidisciplinary knowledge.
- PO5: Modern Tool Usage– To use and evaluate modern engineering tools, components and programs to meet industry needs.
- PO6: The Engineer and Society– To use current tools, techniques and skills necessary with ethical responsibility to meet the industrial expectation.
- PO7: Environmental and Sustainability– To demonstrate the various contemporary issues related to economical, health and safety, legal, environmental and sustainability measures.
- PO8: Ethics– To apply professional ethics and responsibilities to meet quality engineering practice over the society.
- PO9: Individual and Team Work– To function as an individual and as a member or leader on teams to accomplish a multidisciplinary task.
- PO10: Communications – To communicate effectively with a range of audience and write technical documents.
- PO11: Project Management and Finance– To enrich the quality of life by implementing recent technologies through innovative ideas and projects.
- PO12: Life – Long Learning – To participate and succeed in their career by recognizing the need through lifelong learning approach.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO’s)
- PSO1: Ability to use data structures analysis, data management, networking, system software, big data analytics to design and implement automation in various domains.
- PSO2: Able to apply engineering knowledge in project development, and to provide products and services in the field of hardware and software platform to meet the requirements of next generation.