About the department
The present scenario demands adaptability and creativity in the new technical areas, the Department of Mechanical Engineering is equipped with the best of resources to enrich its bloodline of the department thereby ensuring high quality education to the students. The Department has state-of-the-art facilities for imparting practical knowledge in the field of mechanical Engineering. The intense professional will of the faculty is the root for the sustained excellence of the department. The present intake for undergraduate is 120 students and of postgraduate 18 students.
The department continuously interacts with industries in order to assimilate the current trends. It regularly organizes technical lectures, seminars, workshops to bridge the gap between the syllabus and current practice. The department has twenty well qualified staff members with 3 PhDs and 4 pursuing PhDs who have rich experience in teaching and industries. The staff and students are associated with various professional bodies like ISTE, IE, IWS, etc.
- We strive to produce globally competent, innovative and entrepreneurial engineers in the field of mechanical engineering who will succeed in the ever changing industrial demands and social needs.
- We are committed to excel in academics and contribute the country through excellence in scientific and technical education and research.
Our mission is to equip our students to adapt themselves to global needs while upholding professional ethics and to contribute their might in transforming India into a world leader in technological advancement and prosperity.
- M1: To provide excellent academic environment with quality technical expertise to the students in the field of mechanical engineering.
- M2: To inculcate the students with professional and ethical behavior to serve the society with leadership quality.
- M3: To encourage and assist the students to gain practical experience in industries to supplement the theoretical knowledge
- M4: To provide state of the art research facilities and a collaborative environment for stimulating the students and faculty to create, analyze, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- M5: To make the students as an academic expert, scientist and entrepreneurs through continuous learning with multidisciplinary knowledge.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’S)
The graduate of Mechanical engineering will have
- PEO1: Basic and strong fundamental knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering to have a successful career in mechanical and interdisciplinary domain (Preparation).
- PEO2: Core competency to ensure sustainable development and meet the diversified needs of the society. (Core competency).
- PEO3: Ability to strengthen their knowledge and skill to provide solutions to real time problems with an understanding of its impact on economical, environmental, ethical and social consideration (Breadth).
- PEO4: Effective communication skill, self-reliance and multidisciplinary approach to exhibit their professional and leadership skills with ethical attitude (Professionalism).
- PEO5: Aware of the current trends and carry out research in the frontier areas of mechanical engineering to serve the society through lifelong learning using modern engineering tools and techniques (Learning environment).
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
The students after successful completion of the program will acquire:
- PO1: Engineering knowledge:Apply the basic knowledge of science, mathematics and engineering fundamentals in the field of Mechanical Engineering to solve complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis:Ability to use basic principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences to Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze mechanical engineering problems.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Ability to design solutions for complex mechanical engineering problems and basic design system to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as manufacturability, durability, reliability, sustainability and economy with appropriate consideration for the public health, safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems:Ability to execute the experimental activities using research-based knowledge and methods including analyze, interpret the data and results with valid conclusion.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Ability to use state of the art of techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice to satisfy the needs of the society with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The Engineer and Society: Ability to apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess the impact of mechanical engineering solutions in legal, health, cultural, safety and societal context and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability:Ability to understand the professional responsibility and accountability to demonstrate the need for sustainable development globally in mechanical domain with consideration of environmental effect.
- PO8: Ethics: Ability to understand and apply ethical principles and commitment to address the professional ethical responsibilities of an engineer.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Ability to function efficiently as an individual or as a group member or leader in a team in multidisciplinary environment.
- PO10: Communication:Ability to communicate, comprehend and present effectively with engineering community and the society at large on complex engineering activities by receiving clear instructions for preparing effective reports, design documentation and presentations.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Ability to acquire and demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary issues related to finance and managerial skills in one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Ability to recognize and adapt to the emerging field of application in engineering and technology by developing self-confidence for lifelong learning process.
Program Specific Outcome (PSO’s)
The graduates of Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering Programme will be able to:
- PSO1: Demonstrate the knowledge attained in mathematics, science and mechanical engineering necessary to achieve excellence in solving and analyzing various engineering problems
- PSO2: Apply modern computational tools to interpret data, design and develop solutions to complex mechanical engineering issues employing ethical principles and professional engineering practices.