About the department:
- The department has been providing quality education in Bachelor of Commerce program The department teaches the syllabi through learner-centered teaching methods such as case studies, role-play, field visits, and project work. Sharp minds are at work at the Commerce Department, where students learn the latest trends in business, commerce, and entrepreneurship. The faculty’s enthusiasm to impart quality education is reflected in the student’s inclination for perfection.
- The scholarly faculty team guides students at every step, motivating them to become efficient managers and administrators in the field. They engage in various forums to constantly upgrade their own skills and to ensure the students well prepared to succeed. Remedial classes are organized for deserving students.
- The three-year UG degree program lays stress on vital subjects like Accounting, Taxation, Banking, Business Economics, Business Law, Statistics, Human Resource Management, and Tally.
- The syllabi are constantly upgraded to reflect new trends in the subject and to take advantage of the latest infrastructure. The students are groomed to take up professional entrance exams like CA, ICWA, ACS, etc. The department organizes Career Guidance and Entrepreneurial Development Programs to upgrade their skills and make them industry ready.
Vision of the department
- To transform student communities through
- Value based education
- Identification of entrepreneurial traits
- Placement to facilitate vertical mobility
- To establish a Centre of excellence in areas of value with tie-ups with industries.
Mission of the department
- To inspire, prepare, and empower students from all sectors of the society to be competent to meet the challenges of worldwide.
- To develop attitude of the students and kindle the innovation and creative skills
- To develop competent, dedicated and qualified term of faculty
- To explore training and development opportunities
Objectives of the department
- To make knowledge a source of power
- To impact higher education thought to student communities
- To blend ethics with practical knowledge
- To build social responsibilities in the minds of future leaders.